Closing time and date
The National Blood Authority (NBA) is an Australian Government statutory Agency whose role is to work in a collaborative manner with all Australian governments and blood sector stakeholders to ensure Australia's blood supply is safe, secure, adequate and affordable, and to support best practice management and use of blood products in Australia.
You will be part of the People and Communications section responsible for the management of Human Resources (HR), Communications, Secretariat and Parliamentary Coordination functions and accountable for the delivery of associated activities across the NBA.
We are looking for an experienced professional with a demonstrated record of exercising initiative and judgement; developing, interpreting and applying policies and procedures; providing quality advice and briefing on complex case and policy matters.
Primary Job Purpose
With an understanding of the dynamics of HR and communication issues, the duties and responsibilities of this position will require you to:
- Undertake a broad range of HR and communication functions, including change management, recruitment, learning and development, payroll and remuneration, employee relations, work health and safety, and HR analytics and systems;
- Provide consistently sound advice on complex and sensitive HR and employee relations issues;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of best practice HR and communication policies and services to maximise organisational effectiveness;
- Prepare papers, briefs, presentations and correspondence;
- Build effective relationships and negotiate outcomes with internal and external stakeholders;
- Analyse reports and proposals, including business cases, technical reports, strategic and business plans, and formulate recommendations;
- Lead and manage projects and activities;
- Coordinate and manage human and financial resources, workflow and team performance;
- Contribute to NBA organisational strategy and culture; and
- Work in a collaborative manner as a member of a team and across the NBA.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, CV and complete an NBA Cover Sheet. The cover letter (maximum 1,000 words) should outline the skills, knowledge and experience you can bring to the position, providing examples from your current and past roles. It is important that you refer to the selection criteria (found in the job description below) when framing your response.