Closing time and date
The National Blood Authority (NBA) is an Australian Government statutory Agency whose role is to work in a collaborative manner with all Australian governments and blood sector stakeholders to ensure Australia's blood supply is safe, secure, adequate and affordable, and to support best practice management and use of blood products in Australia.
You will lead the Commercial Blood Products section, which is responsible for ensuring the supply of a range of commercially available blood products to the Australian community through centralised national contracting, at a cost of over $600 million annually. The team’s responsibilities include supply planning and monitoring, supply risk management, procurement, and contract management and assurance, relating to the national contract for fractionated plasma products, and a range of imported product contracts. The team is also responsible for industry liaison, horizon scanning, coordinating the health technology assessment of proposals for the addition of new commercial blood products, and activities in conjunction with external stakeholders and other NBA teams to improve the management and use of commercial blood products.
We are looking for an experienced professional with a demonstrated record in exercising initiative and judgement in the interpretation of policy and the application of practices and procedures; in providing detailed technical, professional, and/or policy advice in relation to complex problems; in applying strong stakeholder engagement and negotiation skills; and who have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Primary Job Purpose
Although not exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities of this position will require you to:
- Manage procurement activities required to support the supply of commercial blood products;
- Establish, implement, monitor and review effective contract management systems and processes;
- Prepare papers, briefs, presentations and correspondence;
- Build effective relationships and negotiate outcomes with internal and external stakeholders;
- Analyse reports and proposals, including business cases and reports, technical reports, strategic and business plans, and formulate recommendations;
- Lead and manage projects and activities in accordance with the objectives of the National Blood Agreement and government policies, including analysis of risk and horizon scanning;
- Coordinate and manage human and financial resources, workflow and team performance; and
- Work in a collaborative manner as a member of a team and across the NBA.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, CV and complete an NBA Cover Sheet. The cover letter (maximum 1,000 words) should outline the skills, knowledge and experience you can bring to the position, providing examples from your current and past roles. It is important that you refer to the selection criteria (found in the job description below) when framing your response.
- Job description - EL2 - Director, Commercial Blood Products (docx) (149.21 KB)
- Job description - EL2 - Director, Commercial Blood Products (pdf) (246.45 KB)
- NBA Cover sheet 2019 (docx) (163.2 KB)
- NBA Cover sheet 2019 (pdf) (1.03 MB)