The National Blood Authority (NBA) is a statutory agency within the Australian Government Health portfolio, established by the National Blood Authority Act 2003 to manage and coordinate arrangements for the supply of blood and blood products and services on behalf of the Australian Government and state and territory governments.
Employees are engaged under the Public Service Act 1999 (the Act) and the terms and conditions of employment are provided for by the National Blood Authority Enterprise Agreement 2015-2018.
- NBA Enterprise Agreement 2015-2018 (pdf) (8.78 MB)
- NBA Enterprise Agreement 2015-2018 (docx) (213.25 KB)
- National Blood Authority Determination 2019/01 (175.24 KB)
The NBA is a small agency which employs approximately 55 staff and is located in Canberra.
- Current Vacancies - Jobs currently open for application.
- How to Apply for a Position - Instructions on application processes at the NBA.
- Benefits of Working for the NBA - The NBA provides a range of benefits to its employees including competitive salaries as well as policies and practices that support work-life balance.
- Eligibility Requirements - Find out about the requirements needed for permanent or temporary employment at the NBA.
- Temporary Employment Register - Apply to be placed on the NBA's register for full or part-time work.
- Application Cover Sheet (pdf) (401.19 KB) - Complete cover sheet (either PDF or Word version) when submitting your job application.
- Application Cover Sheet (docx) (158.63 KB) - Complete cover sheet (either PDF or Word version) when submitting your job application.