Blood, still saving lives ... but there are risks. Highlights the benefits and risks of red blood cell transfusions. Relates closely to the Patient Blood Management Guidelines issued by the National Blood Authority, Australia.
The National Blood Authority will periodically publish media releases as appropriate. The website is a useful source of information which is updated regularly. Some quick links are provided below for your convenience. News items are also published on the NBA RSS feed which you can subscribe to here. If you have any media related enquiries please send them to the NBA through the contact details below.
Quick links to the latest information for media
- About Blood - an overview of blood and how it is divided in to several products
- Safety of Blood Products - what procedures are in place to ensure blood and blood products are safe for Australians
- Patient Blood Management - info on the latest guidelines to support clinicians in managing and preserving a patients’ own blood to reduce or avoid the need for a blood transfusion
- About NBA - who we are and what we do
- Public Consultation - information on current and planned public consultations being undertaken by the National Blood Authority.
For all media enquiries contact:
- Email: NBAmediacontact@blood.gov.au
- Call: 02 6151 5000