If you need assistance because the document you need is not available in a format you can access, please contact us.
The National Blood Authority (NBA) is committed to making our online services and information accessible to as many people as possible regardless of ability. The NBA website is currently undergoing continual enhancement to comply with WCAG 2.0 by the end of 2014.
Using this site
Alternate document formats
NBA has recently updated its publishing requirements and endeavours to publish documents in multiple formats that have been optimised for accessibility. Documents will typically be published in PDF and DOC/DOCX formats. Please use our contact us page if you would like a document in a different format to what is already provided.
NBA publishes information in a number of formats, depending on the content type and when it was published. If you do not have an application that will open a file made available on the NBA site there are links below to free applications you may be able to use.
- The AGIMO PDF Reader page has links to a number of free PDF reader applications.
- Apache OpenOffice is a free office application suite capable of opening many common office document formats.
- Microsoft provide a number of Office Online File Converters and Viewers which allow you to open new Microsoft Office file formats on older versions of office or even if you don't have office installed.
- The styling of this site is designed to make the content scalable to fit different screen resolutions.
- This site will display correctly in major browsers.
- The text is scalable, allowing it to be resized in the browser window.
- Print style sheets are provided to make printed pages clear and free from unnecessary material not required to be reproduced in print versions.
- Links are friendly urls and have meaningful link text which can be read by screen readers.
- This website has a ‘AA' conformance rating, as set out in the W3C web content accessibility guidelines.
All navigation on this site is fully accessible without Javascipt, Cascading Style Sheets or graphical images. The navigation is accessible to screen readers.
Images on this site have meaningful alternative ‘alt' tags which can be read by screen readers.
Accessibility of this website is very important to the NBA. If you have any problems using this site or have any comments, feedback or questions, please email contact [at] blood.gov.au or call 02 6151 5000.
National Relay Service
If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service:
- TTY users phone 133 677 then ask for NBA on 1300 025 663.
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for NBA on 1300 025 663.
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS (www.relayservice.com.au) and then ask for NBA on 1300 025 663.
Translating and Interpreting Service
If you need an interpreter, please call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 131 450 and ask TIS to telephone NBA on 1300 025 663.